Friday, September 28, 2007

Corrina Habernathy

MY BUDDY DOLL

Okay.... As you all may have figured out, I work with Corie. One day, out of the blue, I somehow came up with this name for her. CORRINA HABERNATHY
And it stuck. Now, I can barely remember my own name, which by the way, I blame on menopause, but I can remember CORRINA HABERNATHY. I don't know anyone by that name....I have never heard that name before.....I don't know where it came from!!
I tend to give people I'm fond of "pet" names. I think I've done this my whole life and have no clue why. They aren't pet names like "honey" or "sugar" or "dear". They're just a different name than their own. Such as, I work with Earle....I call him Karl. I like Earle so I call him Karl. ???????? Don't try to figure it out...
Well, Corrina Habernathy is the same age as my son. I'm old, she's young. She's a christian, I'm sorta not. I'm cynical, she's not. She eats right, I don't.
I gossip, she doesn't. I cuss (alot), she never does.She has self confidence, I do not..(I think thats why I cuss!) We are like day and night!! Seriously!! But...we were kind of thrown together at work. We started at the health department on the same day.....people there were not very friendly when we first started. No one talked to each other and certainly didn't talk to us, the two new people. Soooo we talked to each other. But we were VERY different. We both wanted to do well at our jobs though. That was what we had in common. And we still have that in common.
I'm getting up tomorrow morning and meeting Corrina Habernathy at 8am at the YMCA. Know why???? Because she is going to show me how to use the treadmills there. I know...Hard to believe I don't know how but it's true. And I would feel stupid trying to learn how to use them by myself. (Remember, she has self confidence, I do not)
This person who is sooo different from me is taking time to help me...Actually, Corie is THE reason I even started going to the Y....... and she encourages me to continue to go. She is very very kind and I want EVERYONE to know that.
As different as we are, she is my friend! I learn so much from her on a daily basis. I admire and respect her and THAT'S why she is Corrina Habernathy!

4 comments:

Corie said...

Karen,
I don't know what to say, except, you are too kind!
Seriously.
I have many faults, trust me.
I gossip and get in bad moods and anger too quickly. Thankfully, you are just able to "even me out" at work! :)
I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I know that you have a huge heart, much compassion and incredible thoughtfulness.

Oh, and I am glad you think I have self confidence. I must be putting up a good facade! :)

Hugs to you Karen for all of your kind words!!!

Corie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corie said...

Oh darn.... why did it post twice?!?!

Sarah said...

What a sweet tribute to your friend!