Saturday, September 1, 2007

Kitchen Grout and Sheet Music


This weekend was and is "clean up" time. I have been trying for 3 years to get our first floor cleaned up. Mark works with alot of tools and has them everywhere!! And I mean everywhere. He would never allow me to move them because "I need them for work". He finally relented and we are moving everything to the second floor in a "tool room" for him. My living room, which is huge, is empty and it looks wonderful!! FINALLY! After 3 years!!
So I have my big empty living room, with only 4 things on the wall. A picture of Marks parents and 3 framed pieces of old sheet music. Hence, the title of this blog.
I noticed a week ago that the kitchen floor looked kind of "dingy" so I started scrubbing the grout. Little did I know, the grout between the tiles isn't really brown but a nice light gray. I didn't finish the floor a week ago...that's alot of work!! I started to do a little more tonight and I have about a fourth of the floor finished. The rest will have to wait for another day but....while I was scrubbing the floor I had all these thoughts about my life.
I am truly grateful for the things I have. Today I was able to go to the grocery store and buy food. I went to Big Lots and bought a toy for my grandchildren to play with. I went out for lunch . I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple of new shirts. I went out in the back yard this morning in my pajamas, with a cup of coffee and watered my flowers. It felt like a cool fall day and it was wonderful. My life is comfortable and I am content.I am blessed. That was not always the case. There were many, many times that I didn't think I could take another day. I'm glad I made it thru so that I could enjoy my framed sheet music and cleaning my grout.

No comments: