Monday, October 1, 2007

SAFE HAVEN


THE POND
Mark, myself and Helen, Mark's recently widowed mother, went to the country this weekend. Actually, it's not "really" the country but....sort of. Again, don't try to figure out some of the statements I make because, well, they make no sense. This is one of those statements.(Part of my disfunction)Hence...the title. Disfunction at it's Best.
Okay...the country. You almost have to have a 4 wheel drive to get there...It's a path thru the woods.It is actually a garage you are staying in.

This is the garage..looks small but actually is about 1,200 square feet
There is no running water. We haul water in so you're pretty limited on how much you can use. Since there is no water, that means??? That's right..no flushing toilet but..I have a picture of the toilet that we do have there. This thing honestly cost Mark $1,200.00. Therefore, I must put a picture up of it.

"THE" TOILET (should be trimmed in gold for that price)

The pond ...well, Mark dug it himself. It took him 3 years.
We go there and spend the weekends..IT'S WONDERFUL!! Surrounded by trees and nothing else. Believe me, it's first and foremost a garage but it is so nice to sleep at night with the garage doors wide open, listening to the frogs. We cook in the microwave, toaster oven, crock pot and open fire.


Speaking of open fire, this is Helen, what one would call my mother-in-law, if I were married to Mark, watching the bonfire, snuggling under a blanket.

(There really is "some" order to this.. believe it or not. Though it did need cleaning at that time!! HA HA HA )
We have a little fridge...and there is even a shower! There's a hot water heater so we do have warm water. So despite how primitive it is, is is equally rich. I love it there. It is my "safe haven"

3 comments:

Corie said...

Karen,
I was waiting for the frog in your bag story!!! :)
$1200 for a toilet! WOW!!!

Sarah said...

Holy smokes, a $1200 toilet! And you actually feel okay about sittin' on it?! I think it should be up on a mantle or something.

;)

The place looks fun and cozy though.

Karen said...

The toilet really cost that much!! It doesn't use water and there is never an odor. It has a motorized vent on it. Its huge!! You have to use the step to get on it to sit